Did you like how we did? Rate your experience!



46 votes

What is the law in the US if I have an emergency and I am in the?

Laws related to family matters are state specific. So, you will need to check the state where you live. In my state, it is possible for a parent to execute a power of attorney that authorizes a third party to care for her minor child. However, this document is time limited and ends if you die. I would suggest a power of attorney and a will with instructions for care of your child, including the name of a guardian.

Loading, please wait...